Friday, December 30, 2005

Jezebel

She stood at the bar consoling an endless glass of wine, her in-my-eyes-perfect figure, not too slim with curves in all the places that mattered, silhoutted in a black dress. Her breasts, two perfect orbs resting precariously in the fragile nest of her plunging neckline. Her eyes were dark and intense, her nose straight and narrow, her lips I wanted to kiss, framed by her long almost straight hair.

She looked close to perfect. Except for those arms entwined around her. Obsessive, jealous, claw-like tentacles guarding her, protecting her. But I was left defenceless to her gaze. Her eyes looked at me, thru me, at some infinite point beyond my comprehension.

Every now and then she would tear herself from him, and make her way thru the crowded tex mex restaurant cum bar to share a glass of wine and wayward laughter with me. We spoke of mundane things like the weather but our chemistry was hardly lukewarm.

But he was never far away, always watching her every move like a gargoyle from a dark concrete corner. Always hovering near us. With a giant flap of his leathery wings he would be beside us squatting on a barstool or crouching on the bar between us or hanging from the giant speakers mounted on the wall, above us.

And like some helpless, habitual prisoner she would return to her dark, dank dungeon yet at once long for the sunshine and freedom without.

But evidently even creatures from nightmares heed some dark, evil calling. When he left to answer nature's call I saw an opportune moment to say goodbye. And I did. She crumbled in my arms like a badly baked loveletter. I kissed her on her cheek, my lips floating dangerous centimeters from hers. Her lips were parted expectantly the way a carp gasps for air at the water surface. I was tempted to suck the life from her welcome lips.

Instead I broke free from her embrace even as the shadow of giant wings broke from the gents toilet. Yellow, bloodshot, suspecting eyes scanned us for the slightest hint of misdemeanor. Gargoyles speak a forgotten tongue but do they read body language, I wondered.

My eyes said goodbye and I dissappeared into the crowd and out the door. I've never been one for grand entrances but I sure know how to make an exit.

The night greeted me with its Rempits, Fengtaus and Machas. The acrid KL air was a curious blend of cooling asphalt, carbon monoxide and the decay of the day gone by. My sensitive nose picked up a familiar scent. It was trouble brewing in the air.

I whispered a silent prayer for strength. To the deaf gods of my unanswered dreams.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

4:53 PM  
Blogger stevo said...

Er, thanks for tuning in sookpeng!

8:24 PM  
Blogger stevo said...

Er, thanks for tuning in sookpeng!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wah.. a bit of cowboy + wu xia + aliens + constantine. Very dark story.

7:47 AM  
Blogger stevo said...

Shen me si Wu Xia?

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should say thanks...haha, you have kept me very well entertained.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wu xia is kung fu style punya story lah. Heh!

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just listening to the way you describe her made me shift in my seat.

Once again, this is amazing Stephen..

2:52 AM  
Blogger stevo said...

She made me shift in my seat too, A.Nonymous ;)

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Video conferencing merits and demerits Signet ring cell survivor swimwear in large cup sizes Acuvue day lenses Game field jogging courses Carpet cleaning lompoc ca Fax internet free Drug interaction zocor Audio video conferencing nurses Audi car rental Help students find college seattle Adderall vs natural remedies fee+free+conference+calls Centre de surveillance Fluoxetine for dogs free pregnant lesbians having sex

11:41 PM  
Anonymous child taboo stories said...

He told me he had a surprise in store for me thatnight. Fuck, Ruy subvocalized.
illustrated stories adult pics
bdsm lesbian erotica stories online
free teen sex stories with pictures
child erotica bestiality stories
free adult book store sex stories
He told me he had a surprise in store for me thatnight. Fuck, Ruy subvocalized.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home